1. Download the Garmin Connect and Connect IQ apps to your phone
2. Sync your Garmin smartwatch with your phone and download WeHunt in Connect IQ
3. Turn on Garmin Connect under your name in the left-hand menu of the WeHunt phone app
4. Launch the WeHunt app on your watch
5. Tap the menu button on your Garmin watch (on some watch models, you need to tap and hold the menu for a few seconds), then select Scan for handheld. Make sure your handheld device is nearby and turned on.
6. When the Garmin watch is near a Garmin handheld device, you'll see the question ‘Connect to 123456?’ (the number is unique to each handset). Select Yes.
7. When the handheld device has received a position from the collars that have been entered, the collars will appear under the "My devices" in the left menu in the WeHunt phone app.
If your handunit has previously been synced with the Dogtracker app in your Garmin Smartwatch, you need to go into Dogtracker on your watch and remove the sync with your handunit. You can then start Step 5.
If you have a new handset model Alpha 200 or Alpha 300, you first need to go into System settings and activate the Send dog data option, then you can start Step 5.